 Trains / 21892
Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 02:58:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ross Crawford wrote:

   Does the motor stall at each limit?

Yes, it does. I’ve been using it with this battery box and all I need to do is tap on one of the buttons to get it to switch. I’ve also been running it with LACC with the throw time set to 0.1 second and this works great. Haven’t tried it yet with a pole reverser, but you probably want to be quick.

   You could probably reduce the “problem cars” issue with an axle connector and extension (move the motor further away from the switch lever) and reduce the size of the housing a bit.

Great observation! That allows the 4x8 house to perfectly straddle the joint between the switch and the next piece of track. If the 4x6 switch version doesn’t work out, I’ll put together some instructions with your suggestion.

Mark