 Trains / 21898
Re: Another Motorized Switch Design :-)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 18:34:10 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote:
   New version! Now, the main body is only 4x6 studs:

This redesign is absolutely brilliant! Time to make a couple dozen automated switch points...

Thanks Chris, but apparently this design as it stands is too sensitive to the clutch strength of the components being used. Yesterday, I ran it over 100 times without the hint of a problem, but today after partially disassembling and reassembling it, it won’t go more than about 50 switches without self-destructing. I think the primary issue is keeping the motor from seperating from the base. Have to think about this...

Mark