 Trains / 21846
Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:04:21 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:
   Hello all,

Here is a small review about the motorization of 9V switch points prepared originally in French for friends from Freelug. With the help of Didier Enjary for translation, Gaël Frazier for a final proofreading and Jean-Louis Bergamo (webmaster of Freelug) for publication. Thank you guys :-)

http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=186

Thanks for the work putting this all together! It’s good to know other folks won’t have to go through the same hours of searching that I did when I was looking for ideas on doing this. :)

One minor note: You don’t need to modify the switch for my design; in fact, I imagine that it wouldn’t work with a modified switch.

I’m toying around with a new design that moves the direction of torque 90 degrees to the direction of sheer; currently they’re both vertical in my design (Lego tends to separate on the up-down axis, the excess torque in mine is spent up-down). If I get it down to a useful compact design, I’ll post it here.

thanks,

James