 Trains / 21846
    Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french) —James Brown
   (...) Thanks for the work putting this all together! It's good to know other folks won't have to go through the same hours of searching that I did when I was looking for ideas on doing this. :) One minor note: You don't need to modify the switch for (...) (20 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french) —Philippe Label
   (...) Hi James, You are right there is no absolute need to use a modified switch point with your drive mechanism. The story is that I tested it with a new switch point and an old 71427 motor quite used. The system went to some problem of torque (...) (20 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)