 Trains / 21871
Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:37:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ed McGlynn wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:
   http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=186
Here’s a link to my latest design, which I used at our last show: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ejmcglynn/recipmotor/update-10-17-03/switch.jpg ...and the associated .mpd file: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ejmcglynn/recipmotor/update-10-17-03/switch.mpd Credit goes to Chris Alano for the drive mechanism.

Hi Ed,

I went on testing your proposal. It works so fine, I planned to introduce Amaury Jacquot’s modification of Chris Alano’s mechanism you use to reduce a little bit the footprint (expecially the width) of the power unit. You will see that Amaury tried to put the power unit closer to the switch point for this purpose. I try to get a block that can fit in 16 studs which is a standard inter-track space. Actually it should fit in 12 studs, so there are 2 studs free on each side of the track to be safe with large engines and long wagons. Here is an evolution of your proposal with these constraints in mind. I am not completely happy with that one because it should be reduced one stud more to fit my expectations. Any help will be welcome.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/frogleap/Trains/Planches/bloc-ca.emc.aj-71427.ldr

All the best,

Philippe