 Trains / 21824
Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:11:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Philippe Label wrote:
   Hello all,

Here is a small review about the motorization of 9V switch points prepared originally in French for friends from Freelug. With the help of Didier Enjary for translation, Gaël Frazier for a final proofreading and Jean-Louis Bergamo (webmaster of Freelug) for publication. Thank you guys :-)

http://www.freelug.org/article.php3?id_article=186

Enjoy,

Philippe “Frogleap” Label

That’s very interesting reading. Thanks.

But I’ve never had to modify points to use my controller design. It does take some time to find elastic bands with the right amount of tension, but it can deliver just enough power to switch an unmodified point, and still slip if it is left on too long.

I prefer a directional control with this over-run protection, rather than an oscillating type with a semaphore.

Jason Railton