 Trains / 17416
Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:37:57 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
First let me say a 'thank you' to all who left input.

To fit into the current organization of the train FAQ, I believe this is
suggesting additions or rewrites to several existing FAQ entries:

- LEGO makes trains? Where can I get them?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Trains/trains
(I've already added a short blurb; I need to add pointers to other relevant
FAQ entries, and something about monorail, 4.5V)
(could add a short entry about favorite 12V trains)

- Are 4.5V, 9V and 12V trains compatible?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Trains/volts
(advantages / disadvantages could be added here)
(difference in 9V/12V electrical pickup could be added here)

- Where can I get a Metroliner, or another older train?
http://www.lugnet.com/~330/FAQ/Trains/metro
(could include more information about getting older 12V stuff)

And additionally suggests a new FAQ entry:
- something about cleaning (or not cleaning) track

I imagine that most longtime readers of lugnet.trains have no reason to ever
look at the FAQ. However, please keep in mind that the FAQ is aimed towards
the first-time visitor to LUGNET, who, like many train show visitors, have
never seen a LEGO train before. The first entry in the train FAQ probably
shouldn't bury the reader in details.

There's no reason why subsequent entries can't include lots more
information, and the first entry can include pointers as is appropriate.

Cary