 Trains / 17424
Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 06:11:09 GMT

Harvey,

Personally, I think you need to stiffen your spine a bit.  Larry was in no way
talking down to you.

You seem to bristle at ANYTHING Larry posts, whether it is constructive
criticism or not.  I think your perception of Larry (i.e. you) is the problem
just as much as anything else.

Harvey Henkelman wrote:

Whoa there now Mr.P, how come every time I have advice to give, you have to
talk down to me like some kid? Theres been plenty of times where I've taken
the cloth mentioned above and wiped plenty of black crud off, and my track
is indoors in an air-conditioned room to boot (no kids or pets either)

I've noticed that pattern with you, always talking down to others. I don't
get upset often, but this smug attitude of yours is over the top for me!
I've had plenty of experience with model trains, and having rubber traction
tires with plastic wheels on the cars equals dirty track. Thats why scale
modellers turn to metal wheels on all rolling stock. It don't matter whether
it's HO scale or LEGO®.

I've finished my spiel...
Harvey Henkelman-Certified Ferroequinologist

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/