 Town / 755
Re: Monorail Max Mileage?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:20:03 GMT

Brad Hamilton wrote in message ...
You should feel HONORED that you even have a monorail!  Some poor folks • like
me missed out on the whole monorail era.

Hmm - I probably already complained about this to you.

I've noticed that train engines definitely slow down over time.  I bet the
monorail ones do the same.

You probably can't see but I'm missing an arm and a leg.  Reason?  That's
what it cost me to purchase the complete range of Monorail sets over the
last couple of years.  I missed out when the sets were first released
between 1987 and 1994 because I was either too young to afford the sets or
in a dark ages at the time.

I remember seeing the monorail sets in a 1991 catalogue when I began to
re-emerge from the dark ages in 1994 and thinking what a silly looking set
it was.  The entire set was probably bigger than the Town I had packed away
in 1989.

I only thought about adding the 6399 to Millennium City when somebody
mentioned to me that they were looking for a plate from that set.  As I
recall, I had no idea what set the person was talking about when they said
they wanted the grey plate from #6399.  What's 6399 I said to myself as I
checked out the Pause database.  Low and behold, as soon as I saw it, I had
to get my hands on one.

It's my favourite set by a long stretch.

Sanjay

--
Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds