 Town / 756
Re: I need some advice....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:36:19 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kela Akira Kitkowski writes:
Currently, I am trying to find some Horse=related sets in LUGNET Marketplace.
But, this post is not about that. Rather, I have a plan with those sets.

I'm thinking of assembling the sets (or any open, loose, complete ones I can
find) into a countryside scence. You know, one set here, another here, a few
here.

I'm trying to write down my ideas and to use my Model Railroading skills to
accomplish this. I will try to make a tabletop, paint it green, and then
systematiclly mark where things like roads, water and the various sets will be
put.

But, i'm finding problems.

First, I want the table to be protable, but I don't want to attach the core
sets (i.e. ones that are on baseplates or are buildings) onto the table. BUT,
I don't want the respective sets to move about the table should someone hit
the table by accident.

And, what about putting trees, flowers, and geologic features? Glue them on or
use something else?

Any help will be appriciated.

A 1x1 round plate will fit in a 1/4" diameter hole nicely. This will allow
trees and flowers to be placed on the board in various places for a more
natural look. Just drill holes where you want to place your items. You could
also use peg board, but the holes are spaced 1" apart which doesn't give you a
good hole-to-stud ratio.

As mentioned in another post, train track pieces have holes for nails/tacks.

The large flat baseplates are the hardest to fix without modification. What
could be done, is to drill a hole for a 1x1 round plate and place the
baseplates on either side of it. This will leave a space between the
baseplates, but the plates can be locked into place with a 2x3 plate.

Just a couple of ideas.

-Duane