 Town / 745
  I need some advice....

Currently, I am trying to find some Horse=related sets in LUGNET Marketplace. But, this post is not about that. Rather, I have a plan with those sets. I'm thinking of assembling the sets (or any open, loose, complete ones I can find) into a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

I have a couple of potential ideas. I'm assuming that it is ok to "modify" the table top, but you'd prefer not to mess up the LEGO sets. If you have a large flat piece (like a base plate with a building, trees, or horses), then you can put screws in (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

(...) A 1x1 round plate will fit in a 1/4" diameter hole nicely. This will allow trees and flowers to be placed on the board in various places for a more natural look. Just drill holes where you want to place your items. You could also use peg (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

Thanks, and who said about attaching a train? This is a countryside scence!! Just some Town and Paradisa Sets put on a tabletop and arranged to be abit spread apart. I think my comment on saying i'm using my Model Railroading Skills kinda threw you (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

Kela Akira Kitkowski <> wrote in message news:Fr708q.MKB@lugnet.com... (...) scence!! (...) I pretty much use any excuse possible to add a train (or some other tracked vehicle) to any LEGO model irrespective of how rediculous it might be. They have (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

I have thought about the possibility of building such a table. Being an ex-model railroader myself, I would probably build the landscape out of plaster-coated mesh (adding paint and grass afterwards). I thought it would be a good idea to embed green (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

(...) How about gluing "sacrificial" pieces onto the table. Green 1x6 plates, or such like (now that they are more common!) could be glued onto the table where you want to locate a baseplate. Then, take a 2x4 plate, and attach it on top of the 1x6 (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

(...) How about double-sided sticky tape (or foam mounting pads) to hold the baseplates to teh table. Quick and easy. Kevin (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

Well, still have to fiddle here and there... I'll figure it somehow...maybe a little testing aand experementation... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

(...) My experence in gluing came from attaching _heavy_ bridges to my bookshelves, and I didn't want them to move...so, I glued a 1x8 to the top of my bookshelves, and then attached the bridge to that. Double sided tape would be a better solution (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: I need some advice....

One problem with double sided tape someone at the local Model Railroading Club told me; it rips off the paint on the table sometimes!! (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)