 Town / 768
Re: I need some advice....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 20:31:10 GMT

I have thought about the possibility of building such a table.  Being an
ex-model railroader myself, I would probably build the landscape out of
plaster-coated mesh (adding paint and grass afterwards).  I thought it would
be a good idea to embed green plates here and there in the surface (flush
with the "grass"), and make the non-lego scenery a similar colour of green.
Lego trees, bushes, people, and small structures could be stuck onto these
plates.

I'm not sure how to make the thinner baseplates "stick", though, and still
be moveable.

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
www.theforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Star Wars

Kela Akira Kitkowski <mercadiandealer@comicmail.com> wrote in message
Currently, I am trying to find some Horse=related sets in LUGNET • Marketplace.
But, this post is not about that. Rather, I have a plan with those sets.

I'm thinking of assembling the sets (or any open, loose, complete ones I • can
find) into a countryside scence. You know, one set here, another here, a • few
here.

I'm trying to write down my ideas and to use my Model Railroading skills • to
accomplish this. I will try to make a tabletop, paint it green, and then
systematiclly mark where things like roads, water and the various sets • will be
put.

But, i'm finding problems.

First, I want the table to be protable, but I don't want to attach the • core
sets (i.e. ones that are on baseplates or are buildings) onto the table. • BUT,
I don't want the respective sets to move about the table should someone • hit
the table by accident.

And, what about putting trees, flowers, and geologic features? Glue them • on or
use something else?

Any help will be appriciated.