 Town / 749
Re: I need some advice....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:34:29 GMT

I have a couple of potential ideas.

I'm assuming that it is ok to "modify" the table top, but you'd prefer not
to mess up the LEGO sets.

If you have a large flat piece (like a base plate with a building, trees, or
horses), then you can put screws in around the 4 corners of the plates.  You
can use some model railroad moss to cover up the screws.  Then, if you want
to move the stuff, you just undo the screws and move your pieces elsewhere.

If you want to anchor a single tree, then things become trickier.  I'm
assuming you are talking about a tree with a 2x2 stud, rounded base.  You
could attach two round 1x1 pieces on top of each other in the center,
circular receptical at the bottom of the tree.  Then, drill a whole in the
table just big enough for the 1x1 piece.  Now, you can slide the tree into
the table.  It shouldn't move, but you can always pull it up and move it
later.  If you made the hole a little too big, you could always put cotton
or something in the hole to help it hold.

(I don't know if you plan for a train)
LEGO rail tracks have holes in the center of each piece.  You can get black
tacks to fit these holes.  The tack should keep the rail secure, but you can
always remove them later.

I hope this helps.

Kela Akira Kitkowski <mercadiandealer@comicmail.com> wrote in message
Currently, I am trying to find some Horse=related sets in LUGNET • Marketplace.
But, this post is not about that. Rather, I have a plan with those sets.

I'm thinking of assembling the sets (or any open, loose, complete ones I • can
find) into a countryside scence. You know, one set here, another here, a • few
here.

I'm trying to write down my ideas and to use my Model Railroading skills • to
accomplish this. I will try to make a tabletop, paint it green, and then
systematiclly mark where things like roads, water and the various sets • will be
put.

But, i'm finding problems.

First, I want the table to be protable, but I don't want to attach the • core
sets (i.e. ones that are on baseplates or are buildings) onto the table. • BUT,
I don't want the respective sets to move about the table should someone • hit
the table by accident.

And, what about putting trees, flowers, and geologic features? Glue them • on or
use something else?

Any help will be appriciated.