 Town / 748
Re: Fighting Incredible Shrinking Disease
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 23:55:48 GMT

In lugnet.town, Erik Olson writes:
In lugnet.town, Jonathan Reynolds & Mark Herzberg say EuroDisney a success

OK, no more Disney grumbling from me. I went to Epcot Center--my first dose of
DisneyWorld since I was a wee one (when I was actually scared by the
"Microscope" ride--your vehicle would be shrunk down in order to meet the • world
of THE ATOM, and to prove it there was a clear tube showing the miniaturized
cars of the people who went in in front of you! I kept watching that tube for • my
brother...)

Yikes! I'd have run a mile...I mean, what would happen if they couldn't bring
you back to normal at the end of it? Actualy DL Paris is running "Honey I
Shrunk the Audience" at the momemt on a similar theme, all 3D glasses and dog
snot (touchy feely)

Um, digression recovery...

Uh...

So I was at Disney for just three hours (delayed my friends with LIC!) and I
just felt this *compulsion* to go along with it all, smiling at all the shrubs
and parents with small children. It was just so, so, international
brotherhoodly. The uncola soft drinks were yummy. Boarding the monorail to go
back, they play a recording in English and Japanese, so I added
"Washdaclosindoahs" in my dialect. Was it the spell wearing off, or the spell
working?

To measure the effect of the spell, look inside your wallet!..in Russia, this
would of course be free to those in need.

OK, even more ickly Town sub-themes:

Paradisa Timmy Treasure Hunters: metal detector carrying Timmies search the
beach for old shoes, starfish, gold coins, and every other leftover piece.

Yes, with a random tidal wave using loads of blue bricks and an RCX kit. Oh
dear, Timmy's gone..

Meat packing plant: prototypes of this set offer a choice of cattle
slaughterhouse or turkey processing.

Museum of Giant Bugs: probably really cool. Giant stag beetles put on display
under a big chunky glass dome modern museum! This is where Johnny Thunder grew
up.

Coin Shop: This one is easy. Pirate fans will buy extra copies.

Gym: the first minifig building to feature... Showers! A new use for those 1x6
roll bars: rows of washbasin faucets. Downside: this set reveals just how un-
limber is a minifig. Upside: exerbikes can blast through secret door in wall.
Possibly includes new female types.

Hmmm...The Islanders were showing lots of flesh...

Kite Shop: Crossover between Ninja and Town!

OK, those weren't ickly enough. The next Lego dumpster truck will come with an
actual DUMPSTER for the first time ever. "NEW!" in S@H takes on fresh nuance.

Some final crumbs. NOT SEEN in LegoLand town: fire hydrants, ugly poles for
hanging traffic lights, trash cans on corners, fire escape ladders, police • call
boxes..
How about a graffiti wall, come on Lego, all you need to make is a 2" x 4"
sticker.*

  You'd think the cops and firefighters would see a need for these
things... and what about a convenience store?

A convenience store! How ridiculous! why, it does not even have a space-canopy
and jumbo action wheels so TLC would never consider it.

Jon

* Many years ago, when a schoolfriend and I got together to build towns
(usually two rival towns) we used to use the best bricks first and build all
the nice, uniform buildings. After that we invariably used all the odd
discoloured bits and bobs, broken widows etc. to make 'SLUM STREET' - a
genuine downtrodden backstreet from unloved leftover elements.