 Town / 747
Subject:
Monorail Max Mileage?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:46:41 GMT

Does anyone know what the maximum speed the Airport monorail travels at
(using a reasonably fresh battery).  I'd appreciate it if the speed can be
measured as studs per second  (sps).   I'd be interested to know if there is
any difference between the speed of the monorail with no passengers (ie only
the driver) and the speed when the monorail is full.

I'm only interested in speed along a  flat surface.

Note:
- A straight track is 32 studs in length
- A curved track is 46 studs in length
- A short straight is 8 studs in length

Thanks

Sanjay

--
Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds

Re: Monorail Max Mileage?
You should feel HONORED that you even have a monorail!  Some poor folks like
me missed out on the whole monorail era.

Hmm - I probably already complained about this to you.

I've noticed that train engines definitely slow down over time.  I bet the
monorail ones do the same.

Sanjay D'Souza <sds87@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Does anyone know what the maximum speed the Airport monorail travels at
(using a reasonably fresh battery).  I'd appreciate it if the speed can be
measured as studs per second  (sps).   I'd be interested to know if there • is
any difference between the speed of the monorail with no passengers (ie • only
the driver) and the speed when the monorail is full.

I'm only interested in speed along a  flat surface.

Note:
- A straight track is 32 studs in length
- A curved track is 46 studs in length
- A short straight is 8 studs in length

Thanks

Sanjay

--
Millennium City @ http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~jsds

Re: Monorail Max Mileage?
I get 43.98...  What value are you using for as a radius in the computation?

--Todd

Re: Monorail Max Mileage?
You should feel HONORED that you even have a monorail!  Some poor folks like
me missed out on the whole monorail era.

Hmm - I probably already complained about this to you.

I've noticed that train engines definitely slow down over time.  I bet the
monorail ones do the same.

Monorail motors, however, use battery. My monorail motors have been running
strong since 1993 and 1996. As the battery is used up more, than power
weakens, but when you put in a new battery, its back to full speed. No idea on
the speed though.

Re: Monorail Max Mileage?