 Town / 747
  Monorail Max Mileage?

Does anyone know what the maximum speed the Airport monorail travels at (using a reasonably fresh battery). I'd appreciate it if the speed can be measured as studs per second (sps). I'd be interested to know if there is any difference between the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

You should feel HONORED that you even have a monorail! Some poor folks like me missed out on the whole monorail era. Hmm - I probably already complained about this to you. I've noticed that train engines definitely slow down over time. I bet the (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

(...) I get 43.98... What value are you using for as a radius in the computation? --Todd (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

(...) Monorail motors, however, use battery. My monorail motors have been running strong since 1993 and 1996. As the battery is used up more, than power weakens, but when you put in a new battery, its back to full speed. No idea on the speed though. (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) computation? I read somewhere that the curved was 36cm's long. With each stud being about 7.8mm (7.8mm x 32 = 250cm (same size as a straight track)), therefore 46 studs = 36 cms. Sanjay -- Millennium City @ (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

Brad Hamilton wrote in message ... (...) like (...) You probably can't see but I'm missing an arm and a leg. Reason? That's what it cost me to purchase the complete range of Monorail sets over the last couple of years. I missed out when the sets (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

(...) Well, the curved monorail tracks aren't actually perfect circle segments, because the stanchion holes in the middle don't fit into an irrational point on the lattice, but they're not so far deformed from a perfect circle as to give a value of (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

(...) Urrp, I misspoke. Not quite -- not the way the monorail engine reverses direction. It depends which way you place the engine onto the track -- the gold teeth on the motor on one side or the other of the rail. --Todd (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

(...) I...yes, I'm going to tell a story, I used to be into monorails ever since I was a little kid. I got to ride on the one in Seatle when I was eight. I thought it was awesome, so when the Futuron monorail came out, I HAD to have it. It's still (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

I'd say forget the math and find the guy who did that elaborate pneumatics test with Mindstorms. He'd probably tell you to create a car that housed the RIS and hook the rotation sensor up to a wheel that rested on the track. Then you could keep (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Monorail Max Mileage?

(...) Body parts are a worthwhile trade for monorail parts! (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.town)