 Town / 1170
Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 13:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.town, Shaun Sullivan writes:

Eric,

This looks absolutely amazing.  I am extremely impressed with how it came out
... I am drooling over the idea of having another Brikwars festival with that
in the scenery and landscape.  Out of curiosity, are the insides accessible?
Regardless, I think it looks stunning.

First Thanks a lot!

As for the insides currently only the 3 story building is accessable although I
have not added any interior to it other than floors.  I have kept accessability
in mind for the other 2 but I didn't want to use up all my 1xX tiles to do it
(Plus I am not sure I would have enough anyway).  I am hopeing for 1xX tiles in
the next round of LEGO Direct so I can convert them to be accessable.

You seem to have this knack for tackling completely new areas (new to you, at
least) and quickly establishing yourself as a pro in them.  Star Wars models,
Castle, Train, Town ... what next?

Oh I don't know.  Actually other than Star Wars and my one Mecha I havn't
really done much Space/Futuristic yet...  I would guess I will stay with the
modern theme for a while in hopes that we can do a train display.  Currently I
have my trains, Mainstreet, and I plan on having my Church and Inn time warp
into the modern scene.  I may keep my Red and Blue houses from the Castle setup
as well but most of the rest is probably going to be reassimilated into more
modern buildings.  (Of course I will be keeping my Brikwars troops around as
well).

I suppose I also need to sharpen my skills at building more modern vehicles.

Congrats again.  It really does look beautiful ... could use another mailbox
or two, though ;)

Well I think I will wait until I start on the second block of Main Street and
then add another mailbox.  Actually one mailbox per block would be kind of
sparse for brikwars I think :-).

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/