 Town / 1148
  First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

Well I won't go into to much detail here because most of it is on the web page. The origional inspiration for this was buildings others brought to NELUG's Brikwars games although I had stopped work on it for the last month or two as I got distracted (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

Very cool! I for one am impressed! I really like the look of the corner building. Reminds me of a lot of suburban downtowns with retail on the bottom, and trendy apartments up top. Only suggestions I'd make are: Some kind of exterior covered (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Thanks! (...) Oops! I knew I forgot something. I had meant to add a back door like in other buildings. The assumption being that the stairs were accessed there and it was not a secondary entrance to the store. (...) I have been thinking about (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) And just think, you only got back into Lego for Star Wars! :D eric (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Thanks, Maybe we can Blow it away at a Brikwars game sometime :-). (...) I know... I was thinking the other day that I was telling you how I could never do buildings and how they always just turned out to be 4 walls and a roof. :-) I guess I (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Looks very nice. Damn, I would LOVE to blow that up sometime in a Brikwars game. Too bad I am in DC. I have the Brikwars itch and no one to scratch it with. Well, that didn't sound so nice. You know what I mean. :) (Imagines a squad coming (...) (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Me too -- my jaw literally dropped. It's quite realistic! Now all it needs is a few people playing stick hockey on the roof of the one building. :) --Todd (24 years ago, 29-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Hey Eric, I'm not sure the small one-story building with the triangular sign sticking out above the sidewalk is a store at all. What it really reminds me of is a small, one or two screen movie theater - the kind of operation that's being (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Or, it could be a store which has opened in the building of a failed theater. (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

I love the door on the corner! (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

Hey Eric, Aside from chipping in on the comments (it looks fabulous :-), I'd like to say thanks for putting in a pic of that green-haired gal... now I *have* to buy that set. Dang!! ;-) -Shiri XFUT .b.minifigs (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) page. (...) I (...) I'm not much on Town, but the sheer attention to detail here is amazing, Eric. And, I also think that little shop w/ the marquee(sp) should become a little one-screen movie theater. I also like the look of paved sidewalks, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Yah, the more I look at it the more it does look like a movie theater although I think one story is kind of short for a theater. Unless you assume the theater pit continues into the basement. My origional thought was that it was some sort of (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

Eric, I was sure it was a theater, like the one in Davis square or the empire on Mass ave. Just add another nondescript story to it. The sign is my favorite part of the whole bloc (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) Ever see <set:1490 this bank set?> It uses the same door design. Alan (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

Eric, This looks absolutely amazing. I am extremely impressed with how it came out ... I am drooling over the idea of having another Brikwars festival with that in the scenery and landscape. Out of curiosity, are the insides accessible? Regardless, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jun-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) First Thanks a lot! As for the insides currently only the 3 story building is accessable although I have not added any interior to it other than floors. I have kept accessability in mind for the other 2 but I didn't want to use up all my 1xX (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jul-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) page. (...) I (...) Lego Fire Dept. can have a few "action shots". What are the chances I can "burn" it? :) Tom D (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) As long as its a hypothetical fire I'd be all for it ;-). Lord knows we probably all have more LEGO flame pieces than we know what to do with. Eric Kingsley The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Jul-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) amount that I have!!! By the way, does anyone know if dry ice ill have any adverse affects on LEGO? I was thinking of using some for that "smokey fire" effect, but am not sure if it will harm or discolor pieces in any way. Any other (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display

(...) I dunno about other graphics programs, but my personal favorite (Fractal Design Painter) actually has a flame 'brush' that you can use to paint with. It lightens and tints in a 'flame' shape, so it's got really nice dramatic effects on a dark (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jul-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch)