 Town / 1150
Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 17:42:25 GMT

In lugnet.town, Eric Brouwer writes:
Very cool!  I for one am impressed!

Thanks!

I really like the look of the corner building.  Reminds me of a lot of
suburban downtowns with retail on the bottom, and trendy apartments up top.

Only suggestions I'd make are:

Some kind of exterior covered staircase leading to the upstaris apartments.
Don't want the tenants entering through the store!

Oops!  I knew I forgot something.  I had meant to add a back door like in other
buildings.  The assumption being that the stairs were accessed there and it was
not a secondary entrance to the store.

A fire-escape type exterior ladder leading to the top of the three story
building.

I have been thinking about that.  I think the ladder idea is probably the best
way to go.  Doing and appropriate looking fire-escape with LEGO is quite
difficult.

While adding a realistic look, I think they could add great playability
possibilities to your game!

Definitly!

Eric K.

Eric

In lugnet.town, Eric Kingsley writes:
Well I won't go into to much detail here because most of it is on the web • page.

The origional inspiration for this was buildings others brought to NELUG's
Brikwars games although I had stopped work on it for the last month or two as • I
got distracted with other projects.  I resently was reinspired with the
possibility of NELUG doing a train display.

Here is the first Block of Main Street.

http://www.lugnet.com/town/~15/mainstreet/

LMKWYT,

Eric Kingsley