 Town / 1161
Re: First block of Main Street for Brikwars, Train, or Modern town display
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.org.us.nelug
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:24:25 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jeff Johnston writes:

Hey Eric,

I'm not sure the small one-story building with the triangular sign sticking
out above the sidewalk is a store at all.  What it really reminds me of is a
small, one or two screen movie theater - the kind of operation that's being
forced out of business (or at least to second-run status) by the big Showcase
Cinemas-type chains.  Alternately, it could be a local theater that shows
'art' films.

Anyway, that sign really reminded me of a lot of movie marquees that I've
seen, so that's what I think is in there.

Yah, the more I look at it the more it does look like a movie theater although
I think one story is kind of short for a theater.  Unless you assume the
theater pit continues into the basement.

My origional thought was that it was some sort of Bar that had entertainment
(for those of you with slightly dirty minds, and I know who you are, I was
thinking of Musical entertainment :-).

I do like the sign a lot and it would look better on a theater so I might
either try building a theater and transfering this sign design to that building
or maybe doing a little rework on this building to give it a second story.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/