 Technic / 16454
Re: New Crane...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2008 03:57:36 GMT

Hey Alvin - now that you have completed your Terex-Demag CC-8800-1 3,200 ton
crane, have you tested it with any loads yet?

If you don't have 2 or 3 UCS Tie Interceptors handy, I guess you try using a
couple of the largest Technic sets you have at the same time.

Have you made a suitably large load spreader for super lifts like the one
shown
<http://www.cranestodaymagazine.com/pictures/360xany/u/i/b/CC8800_1TWIN_2.jpg
here>?

No load tests as of yet.  I just got back from BrickFair.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/abrant23/Brickfair08/dsc00452.jpg

I assembled it inside for the first time.  I have built the first part of the
spreader, which can be seen here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/abrant23/Brickfair08/dsc00397.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/abrant23/Brickfair08/dsc00398.jpg

I still have a bit of work left to do in order for it to be completely
"finished"

I will make a formal announcement when it is done!

Thanks

-Alvin