 Technic / 16365
Re: New Crane...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2008 13:39:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Bob Parker wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Alvin Brant wrote:

This is of course a very impressive crane, all in terms of size, complexity and how well it is capturing the look of the real thing.

When it’s finished, please post a pic showing its maximum load capacity - do you think 2 or 3 UCS Tie Interceptors at one time would be doable?

Bob, thanks for the compliments! I think that 2 or 3 Tie Interceptors would me more than doable! I am expexting it to be able to lift around 10 lbs at the full height of 25 feet, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 lbs with only 5 feet of boom. I will post some pictures once it is finished, and I am also planning on taking it to BrickFair in DC this year.

The single boom version of this same crane easily lifted a 8421 with no problems with 15 feet of boom at BF 06’

Yeah, I am being sarcastic in that picture :D

-Alvin.