 Technic / 15147
Re: Scissor Lift in LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2006 21:48:07 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Hendrix wrote:
My $.02, but I'm no mechanical genius:

I deg to biffer.

Why don't you use one of those gear holders that holds a worm gear and 24t
gear in it.  Since the worm gear can slide along an axle, make the axle
stationary, but the gear mechanism where it can slid back and forth.  You
can then attach technic beams to the cross axle going through the 24t gear.
As the motor shaft turns the worm gear, it will cause a rotational force to
the scissor extending it, and the whole mechanism should be able to slide
(because when the scissor extends, it pulls opposite side together).

Hope it works.  That's only a theory!!!!

That may just be crazy enough to work.  I'll try it!