 Technic / 14414
Re: SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 21:00:29 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Mon, August 1, 2005 11:20 am, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
If these things are OK, the only thing that may still be good to know is when all
legs are down.  That way it would look better when it stops walking.  (stand still
with all legs down)

Well, that is an artistic/stylistic point of view.

I think that for long term rest state it is less stress on the LEGO if all feet
are down, but I don't know that I agree that it will look better ;^)

I should say it would look more 'natural'.

How easy will it be to install a normally closed (while the foot is in the air)
touch sensor in the foot?

Given that I have not designed the feet yet, I don't know.

Will the feet be required to do much rotating and/or sliding while taking a step?
(I assume it will be required, at least a little)

I have not finished the feet, but I was planning on providing an ankle that
rotates about the Y axis, so that foot rotation is limited.  A certain amount of
sliding is expected.

Steve

For now, I just want to get RCX-less octopod going for brickfest.

Kevin