 Technic / 14409
14408  |  14410
Subject:
SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:39:04 GMT

On Sun, July 31, 2005 9:56 am, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
Will this new central timing circuit allow you to attach touch sensors, so, if you
wanted, you could track the state of the walker with an RCX?

Will this be needed if we always have at least four feet locked into weight
bearing state at a time?  I've incorporated your folding/locking table leg into
this walker.

Will it be necessary to switch anything at a specific time?

For example, if SSC is walking forward, and it takes 3/4 of a step, then levers are
flipped to make it turn (which would be reversing the legs on one side), to complete
the "current" step, one set of legs must go 1/4 forward, while the other side must
go 3/4 of a step backward.

Is that OK with your current logic?

If these things are OK, the only thing that may still be good to know is when all
legs are down.  That way it would look better when it stops walking.  (stand still
with all legs down)

Steve