 Technic / 14400
Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:01:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski wrote:
   hi kevin and steve

it should be the first moc where the rcx would be let’s say a slave to pneumatic circuit am i right guys

:D

Sounds like an ideal application for an RCX input multiplexer: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1092526

You can then have 12 switches on your RCX to measure two positions on each of 6 legs. Using the thermometer setting on the ports, each combination of switches is dstinguishable as a different raw sensor value with a margin of at least 5 counts, with 16 possible values per port. You could then plot the leg movement on a graph!

Mark