 Technic / 14395
Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:43:38 GMT

thanx kevin
for the explanation
walker's masterpiece

btw: how about scorpion
is this project still alive
(sorry i'm in my dark ages so i'm not following all topics carefully enough)
in fact i'm a little bit forced to be in DA
some of you maybe remember
2 years ago i posted some photos of new lego fan (my daughter)
so it's absolutely impossible to play with lego before 22:00

pixel

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi Pixel,
  The walker was built to someday be able to talk in any direction, not • just
forwards/backwards.  Sigurd, didn't have enough pneumatic hardware to make • this
version omni-directional.  This left the two side legs elbows • disconnected.

  I have seen the video and it walks veru agresssively.

Kevin

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski wrote:
hi

it's heavy :)

why two legs haven't last segment cylinders connected to the circuit?

pixel

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I don't know if any of you saw this fabulous pneumatic hexapod, but my • friend
Sigurd van Starkenberg:

It walks forward, backward and turns right and left.

The thing that makes this superior to prior work is an elbow mid arm, • that
lengthens for walking, and shortens for turns!

Great job Sigurd!

Kevin