 Technic / 10413
Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 18 May 2003 22:10:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I decided to take my little weight shifter and decorate it with parts from a
Star Wars AT-ST mini.  It doesn't look too great, but it walks well!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150151.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150152.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150153.jpg

My 18 year old son Tony was not very impressed, so I decided to see if I
could make one using the same walking mechanism but be better looking.  Here
it is.  It can walk forwards and backwards:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150148.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150154.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150147.jpg

He was more impressed with the second one.  I was pleased to be able to keep
the feet small.

Of my four attempts at an AT-ST, the most recent is IMHO the best looking of
the four (I just rebuilt the two in the back row in preperation for
BrickFest in August.).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5150155.jpg

Kevin

In lugnet.announce.moc, Kevin L. Clague writes:
I'm pleased to announce my latest tiny weght shifting walker uCOG V.

Here are a few pictures:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5080049.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5080050.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5080051.jpg