 Technic / 10339
Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 13:41:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Thomas Avery writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Kevin L. Clague writes:
I'm pleased to announce my latest tiny weght shifting walker uCOG V.

Here are a few pictures:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5080049.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5080050.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/p5080051.jpg

Plus building instructions:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kclague/mm-walker/ucogv.jpg

PLMKWYT!

Kevin

Absolutely brilliant! I actually had to make one for myself:
http://www.texbrick.com/quick_pics/walker.jpg

Thanks TJ!

It works great! It was a little tricky getting it to not fall down while
managing the electric wires. It's so light that the wires make a noticeable
effect on the walker's performance.

Yes.  I have the same issue.  I can envision a few non-LEGO solutions,
including cable with more pliable wires, or hearing aid battery based batter
pack, but I doubt I'll bother.

Thanks for your hard work! You've designed an excellent walker.

-TJ

I "borrowed" the crankshaft, 16T, flex hose, 1/2 pin combo, as well as the
3L perpendicular axle joiner from James Loewen's compact Mighty Might 2:

http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=10301

and my original attempts were based on Max Pihlstrom's bipEDD.  Miguel Agullo's

http://www.geocities.com/technicpuppy/lblinks.html

LEGO Biped Links page is a great resource for bipedal ideas.  I have few
bipeds (completely of my own design ;^) there myself.

I've updated the building instructions so you only need parts from one
micromotor, and re-uploaded them to brickshelf.

I also modified LPub to have the vertical margins between parts to be
related to the vertical height of the part count, and annotation height.
Now the part list image is more compact.

Kevin