 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1080
  uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

I'm pleased to announce my latest tiny weght shifting walker uCOG V. Here are a few pictures: (URL) building instructions: (URL) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Very nice walker, Kevin ! It seems to work better with a little more weight on top, I added a small head (with blue eyes ;o) and it balances better. Building instructions are missing the 1/2 lengh pin and tube creating the cam with 16 tooth gear... (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Thanks Philo, I fixed the instructions. I'll have to try adding a head! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 11-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

...I forgot to tell you that I built mine using one top (2984) and one base (2985) micromotor caps instead of two tops, and it works well (useful since micromotor is/was supplied with one part of each type...) Philo (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Hi Philo, Great minds think alike. I did the same last night. I've got one build with studs up, and a second with studs down. I'm going to update the building instructions, and post the DAT files as well. I figure it is a good example of the new (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Absolutely brilliant! I actually had to make one for myself: (URL) works great! It was a little tricky getting it to not fall down while managing the electric wires. It's so light that the wires make a noticeable effect on the walker's (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Yes. I have the same issue. I can envision a few non-LEGO solutions, including cable with more pliable wires, or hearing aid battery based batter pack, but I doubt I'll bother. (...) I "borrowed" the crankshaft, 16T, flex hose, 1/2 pin combo, (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) TJ, If you rebuild your uCOG V using the new instructions (not much of a change), and you turn uCOG V around, your minifig should be able sit on uCOG V and go for a ride! I'll have to try that here. Kevin (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Cool. Thanks! I just noticed that you're registered for Brickfest this year. Me too! Hope to see you there. Perhaps there should be a walker contest at the 'fest :-) -TJ (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Sounds cool! I'm thinking about driving to BrickFest from Minnesota, so that I can take a bunch of pre-assembled MOCs with me. I should be able to take 3 RCX based walkers, 3 microscout based walkers, plenty of mini-motor based walkers (I only (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Dang. Set all those loose at once and you'll have mayhem! :-) (...) Yep. Same here. Is anyone else intersted in a walker contest of sorts? Fastest, lightest, etc.? -TJ (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

Oh my, that's brilliant! dang! BF03 is gonna rock! Let's set up all our stuff together! Mechanical Mayhem begins! Aug 03. e (...) (21 years ago, 12-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) It would be an honor. (...) Sounds like a blast! All my walkers will fit in the same space as Jama..... :^) I can see it now, a LEGO remake of Saturday Night Live's "Bambi meets Godzilla" LOL! Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  COG shifter off topic

hi ppl are we using COG TLA cause we like TLAs or because we differ COG and centroid? btw i like TLAs so COG is cool pixel (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

(...) I used it because it is commonly used here, and because it is short. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: COG shifter off topic

(...) Besides, Mario and Giulio Ferrari use the term in their book, so it is good enough for me :^) Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

For those interested in how I made the building instructions for uCOG V, I've uploaded (URL)Plus building instructions: (...) (21 years ago, 13-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HEu38p.11v8@lugnet.com... (...) ok thanx kelvin as i said "cog" is good for me i was just curious best regards pixel (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) I could't resist sharing this picture: (URL) V is a minifig scale walker! I'd have to take dramamine to prevent motion sickness if I were that minifig! LOL! (...) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) :) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) A winged creature, based on your (great!) design: (URL) the light weight and flexible cable, crafted from wires scavenged in a broken mouse... Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Its great! Like the beak and tail especially! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 14-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

I decided to take my little weight shifter and decorate it with parts from a Star Wars AT-ST mini. It doesn't look too great, but it walks well! (URL) 18 year old son Tony was not very impressed, so I decided to see if I could make one using the (...) (21 years ago, 18-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

great absolutely the next step is back knee chicken walker maybe BCW could be good TLA :))) keep working regards pixel (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) Where would I find an "official" picture of the back knee chicken walker? (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 19-May-03, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) What is the grey cylindrical piece one up from the bottom in the second from the left column? It looks like it's supposed to be used in building step 2. Thanks. (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: uCOG V - my tiniest weight shifting walker

(...) It is flex system hose, the rigid version. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.technic)