 Space / 31912
Re: Crimson Skies MOC: Berserker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 14:46:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Geordan Hankinson wrote:
   Sweet! I love this. It’s a floating tank that flies.

I’ve been completely out of the LEGO scene for months, and I’m playing catch up now. This crimson skies stuff is awesome, but this is definitely my favourite of them all so far.

Thanks dude!

   I think that the gattling gun is what really does it for me. It reminds me of the A-10 in a way, where the whole plane is built around a grotesquely huge gun. Screw an engine, we all know that the big cylinder in the center is an ammo drum.

I actually hesitated to put that on because at the time (1937 or so) there weren’t really any guns like that used. It was sort of a dead period between the gatling guns of the post-civil war era and the vulcan miniguns of the 50’s on.

But then I remembered all of this is make believe and it looks rad...so I slapped it on the plane.

   I love how you made the cockpits, and two of them too!

The only thing I don’t care for are the geonosian prints on the bottom of the pontoons, too bad LEGO doesn’t make that piece in plain.

I might just brasso those off sometime, but they don’t really bother me.

   [ j o n ]
zemi.net
moonbase