 Space / 2297
Re: Digital Camera (Go Kodak!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 19:21:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Paul Baulch writes:

I'll second that, I also have a DC215 (a fancy gold one!) and it has a good
macro mode. My complaint about the camera, though, is that its flash is way
too harsh, and makes indoor 1-2m shots come out really poor. In hindsight I
would have looked for a camera which included a socket for an external
flash, that way you can choose any flash you want. Looks like I'll have to
invest in some studio lighting.

I've worked on "softening" the flash a bit by taping a couple of layers of
tissue paper over the flash.  I suppose a grey filter could work, too, but
tissue is nice and cheap, plus it diffuses the flash a bit.

Natural daylight seems to be the perfect light, so long as you can avoid
shadows.  Sadly, thought, most of fritter away daylight by wasting it at
work :-(

Will

P.S.  Mine is a gold one too!