 Space / 2294
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 03:36:42 GMT

Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
news:Fv32HI.2H1@lugnet.com...
Unfortunately, there is no option for "takes good closeups."

Au contrare, all the good cameras have "macro" features (listed in the
Buyer's Guide).  They tend to be in the more expensive price tier, though
($500 US and up).

Many (usually cheaper) digital cameras cannot focus any closer than
about 2.5-3 feet.

I went through the options and it recommended a whole bunch of
bargain-basement cameras, but I'll bet you $100.00 that none of them
take good closeup shots... a la the Sony Mavica I used on my last post to
my website.

Thanks anyway,

~Mark

In lugnet.space, Paul Davidson writes:
You may get many specific camera recommendations from users here, • but if you
don't mind doing some research, here's what I suggest:

Go to ActiveBuyersGuide.com:
http://www6.activebuyersguide.com/abg/nav/StartGuide.cfm?CatID=2&P • ID=0X6X1X2
5769X25c20&RefID=0

They have a wonderful wizard that will allow you to put in needed • features
(price range, macro functions, etc.), and it will end up generating a • list
of cameras with complete specs that fall within your needs.

Then head over to PCPhotoReview.com, look up the cameras you're • interested
in, and see how their contributors rate the cameras.  This worked • extremely
well for me.

--

Paul Davidson