 Space / 2275
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 01:00:58 GMT

You may get many specific camera recommendations from users here, but if you
don't mind doing some research, here's what I suggest:

Go to ActiveBuyersGuide.com:
http://www6.activebuyersguide.com/abg/nav/StartGuide.cfm?CatID=2&PID=0X6X1X2
5769X25c20&RefID=0

They have a wonderful wizard that will allow you to put in needed features
(price range, macro functions, etc.), and it will end up generating a list
of cameras with complete specs that fall within your needs.

Then head over to PCPhotoReview.com, look up the cameras you're interested
in, and see how their contributors rate the cameras.  This worked extremely
well for me.

--

Paul Davidson

Mark Sandlin <sandlin@nwlink.com> wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I am posting to these various topics because I have seen many
examples of digital photos and I wanted to know what kinds of digital
cameras you all use and/or recommend. I am interested in buying a
camera sometime in the near future, so I'm doing research. Since I plan
to take lots of pics of my LEGO creations, I thought this would be a good
place to ask.  :^)

My main concern is the ability of the camera to take close-ups. Many
digicams can't focus any closer than about 3 feet away, which obviously
isn't good enough for LEGO photos.

I'd really prefer not to go above $250-300 for the camera. I also want to
get one that has USB connection or a Flash Card.

Thanks for your suggestions.

~Mark