 Space / 2296
Re: Digital Camera (Go Kodak!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 05:02:14 GMT

Will Middelaer wrote in message ...

My Kodak DC215 (a fairly cheap camera, obtainable now for under $250) has a
macro mode that lets you focus as close as 8".  The regular focus mode • (fixed
focus) is no slouch either, working from about half a meter to infinity. • My
biggest complaint about this camera is that the Infinity focus is pretty • soft,
but since I bought it for snapshots, models and selling on ebay, I have no
complaints.

I'll second that, I also have a DC215 (a fancy gold one!) and it has a good
macro mode. My complaint about the camera, though, is that its flash is way
too harsh, and makes indoor 1-2m shots come out really poor. In hindsight I
would have looked for a camera which included a socket for an external
flash, that way you can choose any flash you want. Looks like I'll have to
invest in some studio lighting.

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164