 Space / 2285
Re: Digital Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 21:32:06 GMT

Unfortunately, there is no option for "takes good closeups."

Many (usually cheaper) digital cameras cannot focus any closer than
about 2.5-3 feet.

I went through the options and it recommended a whole bunch of
bargain-basement cameras, but I'll bet you $100.00 that none of them
take good closeup shots... a la the Sony Mavica I used on my last post to
my website.

Thanks anyway,

~Mark

In lugnet.space, Paul Davidson writes:
You may get many specific camera recommendations from users here, • but if you
don't mind doing some research, here's what I suggest:

Go to ActiveBuyersGuide.com:
http://www6.activebuyersguide.com/abg/nav/StartGuide.cfm?CatID=2&P • ID=0X6X1X2
5769X25c20&RefID=0

They have a wonderful wizard that will allow you to put in needed • features
(price range, macro functions, etc.), and it will end up generating a list
of cameras with complete specs that fall within your needs.

Then head over to PCPhotoReview.com, look up the cameras you're • interested
in, and see how their contributors rate the cameras.  This worked • extremely
well for me.

--

Paul Davidson