 Space / 2288
Re: Digital Camera (Go Kodak!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 22:02:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Will Middelaer writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:

I went through the options and it recommended a whole bunch of
bargain-basement cameras, but I'll bet you $100.00 that none of them
take good closeup shots... a la the Sony Mavica I used on my last post to
my website.

Can I get in on that bet?

My Kodak DC215 (a fairly cheap camera, obtainable now for under $250) has a
macro mode that lets you focus as close as 8".  The regular focus mode (fixed
focus) is no slouch either, working from about half a meter to infinity.  My
biggest complaint about this camera is that the Infinity focus is pretty soft,
but since I bought it for snapshots, models and selling on ebay, I have no
complaints.

Will

P.S. Check out images I have taken with the DC215 at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=wsmiddel

(Ooops, I his post by accident)

Especially see

and

for some of the better close up work I have done with this camera.

Will