 Space / 17145
Re: New acronym proposal for giant lego spaceships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:54:31 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
This is just an idea.  If you guys want to shoot it down go ahead.
I propose we create a new acronym that encompasses all very large Lego
spaceships (over 100 studs long/wide) regardless of their function.  I think
ideally it would be something word-ish like POOP or BURP.

Just had a chance to read all the posts in this thread so far.  You guys
have me rolling on the floor here.  This silly humor is just what I needed
to end my work week.  :)

Trying to think of something witty of my own to offer, but the best I can
come up with is...

BASIS (Big Ass Ship In Space)

...Also the suggestion of Centurion as a label for a ship is nice.  However,
that particular word makes me think of Century, and thus makes me think a
Century Ship would be a colony ship intended to take one or more centuries
to reach its destination.  Traditionally in science fiction, large space
vessels seem to often have equally large catagory names.  A "Generation
Ship" sounds like a big thing.  An "Imperial Battle Cruiser" sounds like a
large machine.  So, I don't think there is anything wrong with people just
making up big sounding ship types for their MOCs.  If we're just trying to
think of an acronym for Lugnet subject lines, then I guess that's okay, as
long as we can agree on something fun yet appropriate...

Cheers,
-Hendo