 Space / 17060
Re: New acronym proposal for giant lego spaceships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 03:17:07 GMT

In lugnet.space, Kerry Raymond writes:
I propose we create a new acronym that encompasses all very large Lego
spaceships (over 100 studs long/wide) regardless of their function.

If you make the criteria 100 studs, then Centurion would be appropriate.

Kerry

How about Roman numerals to ID aproximate length:
up to 9 studs could be an 'I' or 'V' class (whatever sounds cooler to the
lugnet consensus),
10 to 49 studs an 'X' class (possibly for 'eXecutive'),
50-99 studs an 'L' class (possibly for 'Large'),
100-499 studs a 'C' class (possibly for 'Cruiser'),
500-999 studs a 'D' class (possibly for 'Devestator'),
1000+ an 'M' class (possibly for 'Mega').

***'I' could be 'Itty bitty' or 'V' for 'Very tiny' :))***

Admittedly, the last 2 categories might not get used (wouldn't it be SO cool
tho'!), but these categories could be modified too.  Say you've made an 89 stud
ship, an 'L' class, it could be called a '-C' (minus 'C') class:

The pluses & minuses could stand for the second third of the series = '+', or
the last third of the series = '-'.  Therefore a 50-66 stud ship would be an
'L' class, 67-84 studs = 'L+' class, & 85-99 = 'L++' or '-C' class.

This designation could be used for ships, probes, stations, surface rovers,
even spiffcraft :))

Jeff