 Space / 16998
Re: New acronym proposal for giant lego spaceships
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:14:10 GMT

This sounds good IMHO.  Incorporating the stud count into the name somehow
seems to be a good venue to explore.  I suppose the other advantage is that
it might be a little more self-explanatory to new folks....I only found out
what BURPS were a couple months ago :>

Maybe by using the Roman numerals followed by a number to clarify?

100 stud = SEE1 or C1
200 stud = SEE2 or C2
300 stud = SEE3 or C3
400 stud = SEEDEE4 or CD4
500 stud = DEE5 or D5

Too boring?

Cheers,
-G

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:
"Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message
I propose we create a new acronym that encompasses all very large Lego
spaceships (over 100 studs long/wide) regardless of their function.

If you make the criteria 100 studs, then Centurion would be appropriate.

Kerry

I like that name, and if we can't come up with a clever acronym just using a
normal word might be the way to go.  I actually think you've hit on another
good idea though.  Taking '100' or '200' into consideration when picking a
name might be cool.

-Jon