 Space / 16662
Re: Moonbase Module - Apollo Lunar Module Historical Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:46:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Todd Trotter writes:
Announcing the Apollo Lunar Module Historical Site.

This Moonbase Module was built to honor the first astronauts to land on the
moon. There is an observation deck that overlooks one of the Apollo Lunar
Modules (LM) at it's original landing site.

a couple of teaser pics:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bitaur/ALMHS/lmhs01.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bitaur/ALMHS/lmhs02.jpg

Brilliant..... with a capital 'B'.  This is my fav module yet (no offense to
all the other great modules out there!)  Of course, being a fan of the
Golden Age of Spaceflight, I'm a bit biased toward a scene like this, but
it's the excellent modelling that really makes this one shine.

Well, with a few lunar module descent stages (and lunar rovers, golf clubs
etc.) left behind on the moon from the Apollo missions I figure that there
would be some kind of museum-type historical site devoted to showcasing one
of the original landing sites.

Perhaps not as much fiction as just fact that hasn't happened yet.  I know
that when I get to the moon, this will be one of the first stops I'll want
to make.  :)

I also have plans to build the ascent stage of the LM to connect with the
descent stage. It will not be part of my moonbase module, however.

Years ago Monogram put out a 1:48 plastic model kit of the first moon
landing.  And like them, I was pleased to see that you remembered to include
the footprints in your scene.  Well done!

All the best,
Allan B.