 Space / 16663
Re: Three New MOCs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:51:26 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Jonathan Mizner writes:
In lugnet.build.mecha, Mladen Pejic writes:
Hi all,

-snip-

"Mammoth" Next-Generation Hovertank:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/Mammoth.htm
Ooooh...wow.  At first I thought it was a gunship, because the design is
very reminiscent of the S-97, which took me forever to find on Brickshelf ;)
I can see how four barrels would give it a definite advantage in ground
combat...

Thanks Jonathan!

Slightly on the obsessive side, though, it seems like it has no
defense on the sides, rear, or top.  On the whole though, the design is
interesting, the details superb, and the photography perfect.

Well, if you actually read the write-up and looked closer at the pics, you'd
see it has other defences, as follows:

1) Composite armour & ERA throughout
2) Large heat sink to dissipate heat (to counter heat-seaking ATGMs)
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/Mladen/Creations/Ground/Mammoth/mammoth_15.jpg
3) 2 launcher tubes on each side capable of shooting out ECMs, flares, and
smoke grenades
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/Mladen/Creations/Ground/Mammoth/mammoth_12.jpg
4) Room for 6 troops on each side, to defend flanks
http://brickshelf.com/gallery/Mladen/Creations/Ground/Mammoth/mammoth_16.jpg

-snip-

"Diver" Aquatic Warfare Mecha:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/Diver.htm

-snip-
Interesting...  I look forward to seeing more aquatic mechs from you, I
can't recall seeing anyone build any before.

Thanks.

-snip-

"Pixie" Light Hard-Suit: http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/Pixie.htm
That is a very, very nice hardsuit.  Simple, posable...awesome.  I
especially like the rifles they carry, it's a very nice design.

Well, those aren't rifles (barrels far to short, heavy too), they're actually
some sort of robust machineguns witha large ammo drum (150 bullets). Anywaays,
thanks.

-snip-

Mladen Pejic, over and out!
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mladenpejic/