 Space / 16572
16571  |  16573
Subject:
Moonbase Module - Apollo Lunar Module Historical Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:05:55 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Announcing the Apollo Lunar Module Historical Site.

This Moonbase Module was built to honor the first astronauts to land on the
moon. There is an observation deck that overlooks one of the Apollo Lunar
Modules (LM) at it's original landing site.

a couple of teaser pics:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bitaur/ALMHS/lmhs01.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/bitaur/ALMHS/lmhs02.jpg

Well, with a few lunar module descent stages (and lunar rovers, golf clubs
etc.) left behind on the moon from the Apollo missions I figure that there
would be some kind of museum-type historical site devoted to showcasing one
of the original landing sites.

I've got some more pieces on order to finish off my LM proper, but I decided
to go ahead and post now. The 4x4 dishes for the landing feet are a little
large but I like them better than any other idea I had to make them.

I also have plans to build the ascent stage of the LM to connect with the
descent stage. It will not be part of my moonbase module, however.

LMKWYT

Thanks,
Todd Trotter