 Robotics / 24920
Re: new Mindstorms servos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 18:28:31 GMT

   Does anyone have any images or information about the upcoming servos? How big are they, what do they look like, what’s their torque and speed?

http://cache.lego.com/upload/contentTemplating/LEGOAboutUs-PressReleases/images/2057/picAA00C400-D0CE-4118-8762-82A18499E875.jpg Warning: Huge image!

Judging by that picture and others, a motor is about half the size of the NXT brick (which is claimed to be about the size of the RCX). Who knows about torque and all. I am guessing the characteristics are about the same as previous motors. Technology hasn’t improved much and the NXT has the same about of power as the RCX. Therefore, we are probably dealing with pretty much similar motors.