 Robotics / 25409
Re: new Mindstorms servos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 17:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Lane wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
  We don't always agree with their decisions, but you
have to agree they don't do anything "just good enough".  This is no different.

For most people, it would be "good enough" to use 6 AA batteries to power 4 motors.

LEGO is not most people.  They know what people want, but they also know what their
toy will support.

You know, it would be interesting to see their Quality Standard mission
statement document, if such a thing exists

Steve.

From the rec.toys.lego Frequently Asked Questions:

The LEGO motto: Det bedste er ikke for godt. (Only the best is good enough.)
Actually a word-by-word translation would be, "The best is not too good" - in
which "not too good" parses nicely into the idiom of a Jutlandish
understatement, making the between-the-lines statement be, "Actually, we'd
prefer to deliver rather better than the best". Henning Makholm
(hem@math.ku.dk)

     -- joshua