 Robotics / 25403
Re: new Mindstorms servos?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:07:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dennis Clark wrote:
This does point to a concern that I have.  I'm wondering if the Bluetooth
interface replaces the IR comm link that the RCX used to send messages back
and forth between other RCX bricks.

That does seem to be the case.

It would be a shame to lose the ability for "bricks" to communicate with
each other.

I'm 99% sure I've seen this addressed in the NXT material.  Either in the press
releases, the educational features, or the application for the 100 NXT advance
program.

It is
also a shame that my RCX bricks will now be left out of the fun since they
have no way to communicate with the NXT brick.

Yes, but I'm confident someone will find a way around this.

BUT!  The new sensor and motor connections are pretty cool, but darn it!
Still only three motors!  The sensors can probably be multiplexed for lots
more inputs, so that is no big deal.

I think Steve H. is right - running more than 3 motors on 6AA batteries would
cause the batteries to be drained too fast (in many people's opinions), so it
wouldn't be a good solution for TLG.

Steve