 Robotics / 14888
Re: Lubricating technic turntables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:16:39 GMT

How about a water-based lubricant instead of petroleum-based? If it's safe for
latex...why not ABS? :) Use it sparingly and only as a last resort. Personally,
I doubt I would use graphite. Graphite would be a little too messy for me.

-Troy

In lugnet.robotics, Eric Sophie writes:
I read somewhere in the past as an official "Legostatement" from TLC - that
no lubricants of any kind should be used with the gears, wheels, axles, pcs.
etc...

However, it sounds like some people have had success using controlled amounts.
I do know that oil molecules spread themselves out to 1 molecule in
thickness over time. and oil rots rubber. So I have always steered clear. I
am now leaning towards using small wheels as ballbearings in addtion to
Turntables.

Eric

In lugnet.robotics, Carl Jagt writes:
Greetings,

  Any suggestions to safely yet effectively lubricate technic turntables? I
have four which are somewhat stiff and require a fair amount of torque to
rotate. Thanks in advance!

  Cheers,

Carl Jagt