 Robotics / 14846
Re: Lubricating technic turntables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 11:29:42 GMT

"Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3AC937B7.A66D8641@airmail.net...

   Any suggestions to safely yet effectively lubricate technic • turntables? I
have four which are somewhat stiff and require a fair amount of torque • to
rotate. Thanks in advance!

DISCLAIMER:  I've never tried this...

I'd definitely avoid any kind of liquid lubricant.

Hmm... I have an older turntable (circa 1995ish) and I'd lubricated it about
a year after I got it with HO train gear-lubricant, and havn't had any
problems at all. I first tried graphite - that was a DISASTER. So messy. The
gear oil worked much nicer. I fed a steady bead around the base fo the ring
gear, it's about 1 mm thick on the inside... along the face where it mates
with the base.

It's remained super-smooth ever since!

    Iain