 Robotics / 14871
Re: Lubricating technic turntables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:57:42 GMT

Andy Gombos wrote:

Graphite should be safe, but you never know...

Why would one "never know"? This is chemistry, not astrology. Graphene
sheets (the molecular unit of graphite) are quite stable and inert.

Most hydrocarbon oils should also be fine for turntables and other parts
with all-ABS construction (although permanent surface discoloration is a
distinct possibility). I've never disassembled any pneumatic elements,
but do they have any sort of rubber bushings in them? Many oils could
definitely injure such components, rendering them brittle and tacky.

--

Regards

Micah J. Mabelitini - LUGNET #918
The University of Kentucky
SECC Middlesboro Academic Skills Resource Center
accutron@kih.net - http://www.users.kih.net/~micahx/