 Robotics / 14872
Re: NQC for Palm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:44:55 GMT

   Well, I just got some bad news from Dave 'NQC' Baum.
Apparently he's a Palm developer, and he won't touch
the project, because of architectural limitations in
the Palm OS. Apparently NQC needs a lot more dynamically-
allocated memory than the PalmOS can handle.

   I'd heard of the 32k limit, but I didn't realize it
was quite so severe. I thought it was something that
could be more or less coded around, but it seems like
it would be disasterous for NQC.

   Too bad, too. I really would like to have a go at this,
but not like that.

Chris - Xenon
--
  Chris Hanson | Xenon@3DNature.com | I've got friends in low latitudes!